1. Moms want to go on a date. Give us some extra time to get ready. We’d like to soak in a bubble bath, with a wine glass in one hand, and our favorite slow jams playing in the background. Unless you’re like me, and neglect deep cleaning the tub. Then, it’s probably safer just to take a shower, and drink from a to-go cup.
2. We don’t want to be in charge of cooking anything. So, ordering food and watching a Rom Com from the comfort of our own home is another excellent option. And if we fall asleep on the couch during the first 20 minutes of the movie, we don’t want any judgement.
3. Let us sleep through the night. The whole way. No interruptions. Start to finish. Sun down to sun up. (Do I need to describe it any other way, or are we good here?)
4. Can a mom get like 90 minutes of solo Target browse time? We want to take our time in the Dollar Spot without any kids attached to us. Instead of talking down a tantruming toddler, because, “I NEED THIS LOL DOLL NOW,” we’d like to stroll through the Hearth & Hand collection at our leisure.
5. Finally, moms want to sit in our favorite spot, with a decent bottle of wine, and a heart shaped box, stuffed with assorted chocolates. And, just so we’re on the same page, we will drink that entire bottle, and eat every single piece of chocolate, in one sitting. Again, no judgement.
That’s it! It’s that easy! And we don’t need all 5 of these things, but maybe like 2 or 3. You’re welcome, and Happy Valentine’s Day!